Sunday 18 November 2007

Parliament Peeps Publish Ponderings

It's sunday so I'm playing at colour supplements:

Last week those Culture, Media and Sporty people in Parliament finally finished their colouring in and let everyone see what they've been working on.

In their big new report, they say that they hope that ITV doesn’t stop any more of its programmes for kids! That’s brilliant news because I was seriously worrying about ITV. I mean, they've let Sooty go. Sooty!

Here I am a brand new kids’ character and all ready to go out and make great telly but where do I go? Yep there are LOADS of channels but for most of them you need a mid-atlantic accent and the BBC channels are rammed with stuff already. So I’m really pleased that that report from the parliament peeps said that Michael Grade, who is very important, said that ITV was doing its bit for children.
In fact it’s really EXCITING!!!

I wonder what Michael Grade’s favourite kids’ programme was. I guess he was a kid once. He wasn’t born grown up was he? He is very important so maybe he was born already wearing a pinstripe suit. It would have made changing his nappy an adventure. Maybe he had pinstriped pampers. I'll ask him when I see him.

But to even get near Mr Grade, I need to be far more important. Still, as there are 11 million kids in Britain then kids’ characters like me should be pretty important becaue that’s a big chunk of the audience. So I’m very optimistic. ITV land here I come!

1 comment:

John Freeman said...

Hmm, I don't know KC - Michael was born in 1943 so he never grew up watching childrens' telly: perhaps that's why he doesn't appreciate it and he's jealous of people who did watch it?

I think his dad Lew loved kids tv just look at all the great shows he put on air like Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet